Thursday, September 28

Ambience?

For being the center of flamenco music, Sevilla has had some of the worst street performers of anywhere I´ve been in spain. The city is full of tourists and is trying really hard (in a spanish way) to create an atmosphere consistent with other european cities, or at least their stereo types. Anytime you sit dowen at a cafe in the tourist area, or really anywhere not two seconds goes by before someone is there playing some cheesy accordian music (are we in venice?). Or worse, as witnessed today at lunch, billy joel on the saxophone-- complete with a track backup. It was awful and I refused to give the guy any money because frankly, his music ruined my lunch. Alicia, was more compansionate. She said, "if he´s willing to make a fool out of himself, I´ll give him 50 cents". She has a point. Anyhow, someone needs to tell these people to learn the guitar, or castinettes or something because I may throw the next accordian I see into the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home