Thursday, November 9

Eavesdropping

Listening in to others conversations is a luxury I haven't had for the past two months. Surrounded by spanish and portugese their fluid language always just blended in to background noise. Often times I didn't even realize when they were talking to me directly as I got so used to tuning it out.

So now that I am back in the US the coversations around me seem really loud. I'm not used to hearing so much english so every coversation around me seems really pronounced and I'm almost fascinated by my ability to understand the world around me.

Everything seems so easy, it's pure luxury. For instance, I was able to go walgreens today and buy the cold medicine I wanted, and ask if they had "Emergen-C", I could actually ask for something I needed without relying on hand gestures. Luxury.

It's good to be back, but it's also sad that its over. My trip was great and, I am realizing, really blessed with good luck, good experiences, and relatively good weather. I'm sure through time in my memory it will only get better.

It's not over yet though, I have a week here in New York and I'm planning on enjoying my time in the Big Apple to its fullest. So hopefully there will be a few more blogs from here. Then once I am back in Seattle I will see what I can do about getting some pictures up on the site. So all of you used to using this site to waste work time, fear not! the blog will continue a bit longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home