Saturday, October 28

Lisboa part II

I am loving lisbon again. The weather here is beautiful and sunny (probably near 75 or 80 today). One of the reasons I enjoy it here so much has to do with the fact that I've made friends with the hostel staff here so I arrived to a warm welcome. Several of the staff are portugese too so they've been really helpful in giving me tips as to the "real lisbon". My plan for the next week here is just to relax and live in the city, there are a few sites left to see but for the most part I've done that side of lisbon, I'm looking forward to a wind down from traveling.

I spent yesterday downloading pictures to CDs and reading in a cafe. My friend Tyler here at the hostel (who has even more of a music obsession than I do) took me CD shopping today. (I managed to only buy two CDs--- the Knife, and Jamie Lidell). It's really nice to be back in a place that you know, and have insiders to show you around. I am going to have no problem being stationary here until thursday.

The night life in lisbon is also great. It's really bizzare because none of the bars and night clubs have signs and nothing in town gets started until at least midnight. So you can walk down a street at 11pm and it looks like an abandoned alley but when you walk down the street at 1 am it is packed with people standing out in the street talking etc. Its a very chill nightlife but also very lively, my sort of city for sure.

Tomorrow I am planning a trip back to the Gulbenkian (it's free again) and I may try to hit the tile museum as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home