Thursday, November 2

Mystery of the Spanish Drullet Solved!

So I have solved the mystery of the spanish drullet!

(Those of you who have been following my blog will remember an early entry in which I mentioned the phemomenon that in spain there are an enormous amount of urban mullets and that some of the urban mullets have a long dreaded portion that I had dubbed, "the drullet".)

Well, speaking with a girl from Barcelona she revealed the mystery. Apparently (at least the catalans) have adopted the drullet hairstyle as a form of political protest. The catalan seperatist movement has adopted the donkey as their symbol-- supposedly because they view themselves as a very stubborn people. So likewise this long dreaded tale of the drullet is supposed to represent the donkey.

So they are literally trying to look like an ass. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home