Friday, October 20

San Sebastian

Well, my beach plans were a bit postponed today when I awoke to rain. So instead I spent the day wandering the town with some friends I´ve met in my hostel, and eating chocolate & churros.

San Sebastian is an amazing town. One of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Two blocks from my hostel there is a large crescent shapped beach protected on two sides by large hills with an island between them. The countryside around is very green and the water a beautiful turquoise. The town, while definitely a resort town also appears to still be a functioning fishing village, I wandered down to the pier this morning where I found lots of fishing nets and lots of cats hanging around. I am aquiring quite a collection of cat photos on this trip!

Some hostel friends and I climbed to the top of one of the hills on the bay where there is a 17th century fort and a large statue of jesus. It was really nice to be in the woods again, and, dad, we saw lots of slugs, I felt at home.

So in short, I am thoroughly enjoying relaxing in this beautiful spanish town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home