Friday, October 13

Barcelona

So today and yesterday I spent the days wandering around barcelona, getting oriented, finding out what it is like. It´s a really hip city, that´s for sure, and I´ve seen countless places with really cool modern interiors. The shopping (especially shoes) is incredible. I managed to only buy one pair. There are so many cool shoes and things here that it´s a bit overwhelming for your senses. I might say it´s the best shopping that I have ever come across in my life. It´s probably a good thing that whatever I buy I have to carry on my back because it is the only thing keeping me from going broke.

I also saw the Picasso Museum this afternoon. Quite an extensive collection. It was cool to see his study of Las Meninas considering I just saw the original by Valasquez a week ago (has it only been a week?)

I´m staying in an area of the town called Bario Gotic. Its a labyrinth of twisting streets just off of the ramblas. There is a covered market nearby with lots of produce, olives and fish. It was great to get some fresh produce and cook myself a decent meal.

Tonight some girls from the hostel and I are going to hit the town and see what barcelona nightlife is like. Tomorrow I plan on devoting to Gaudi.

I booked the next portion of my trip today. I´m planning on heading to San Sebastian from here and then across to Santiago de Compostella and then south through Porto back to Lisbon. Any tips on things to see on this route would be appreciated.

(Brian, thanks so much for your tips on Barcelona, I´m hopping to find someone to try out the "top 10" restaurant with, it´s sometimes hard to find people willing to spend money on meals in backpackers hostels, and it´s better to dine with a companion)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home