Tuesday, October 17

Sagrada Familia

Well today I went to Sagrada Familia. I knew it was "the site to see" in Barcelona. I guess my expectations weren´t that high. I was skeptical it would be worth all of the hype. Parque Güell hadn´t made that grand an impression on me, and with the throngs of tourists I knew would be there I was prepared for a mixed reaction. I was wrong.

Sagrada Familia is everything it is supposed to be. The structure is so beautiful and the way Gaudi used helixes and parabolic shapes to create the domes was unbelievable. Even under construction it was awe inspiring and I can only imagine what it will be once complete. I think I took at least a hundred pictures.

Speaking of pictures, I am hoping one of these days to get some more pictures up onto the website. I am having problems compressing the files to a smaller size so that they are easier to put on the web. Otherwise it takes like 30 minutes per image to upload and sometimes the computers I am working on freeze up before I can get them online. So if anyone can walk me through how to reduce the size of an image with windows it would be appreciated. You´ll need to tell me exactly what toolbar and item number because all of the computer menus are in spanish and so I have to rely on memory as to where everything is to do anything.

Tomorrow I am catching an ungodly early train to San Sebastian (7:30). Tonight my dormmates and I are headed out for one last Catalonian meal. (the food here has been amazing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home