Saturday, September 30

Ola Lisboa

Hey All

Today was a travel day. I took an 8 hour bus ride from Sevilla to Lisboa. The route went along the Algarve southern coast of Portugal to Faro and then North to Lisboa from there. So far, portugal has impressed me. It is a very beautiful countryside with rolling hills olive trees and could it be cork? I'm not sure what they were but they had the bar removed up to where the branches were. To all you birders reading this, there will also countless large nests in the electric towers. Each had like three or four and they were huge. Could these be osprey?

The arcitecture here is also pretty amazing. Very cool modern bridges and buildings. The large train and bus station by the Expo was phenonmenal. Anyone know who the architect was (I apologize for the lack of punctuation but the questionmark key appears to have stopped working on this computer.)

Lisbon is a lot like san francisco in its appearance. A really hilly town on the water. My backpacker accomodation here is REALLY nice. I think I am going to have no problem spending four nights here. Perhaps I'll stay longer if I like it.

They also let you burn CDs for 50 cents so I've gotten some more pictures off my computer, I'll upload a few to share tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home