Saturday, September 2

About this trip

I am setting up this blog to chronicle my travels this fall throughout Spain and Portugal on the Iberian Pennisula. The goal is that it will help my friends and family follow along with my experiences and also give me a way to record my travels while in route.

My trip will begin in roughly a week (september 12) when I leave my home town of Seattle, Washington and fly to Madrid, Spain. I will be traveling throughout iberia for approximately 11 weeks. It's the longest trip I've ever taken, and certainly a long time to be traveling alone but I am looking forward to it. One of the goals of this trip is self exploration and extended travel alone certainly will provide that.

I plan to keep my itinerary loose, discovering spain and portugal as I travel, staying in each place until I feel like moving on. Rough plans are to start in madrid and travel first to Lisbon, then south to the algarve and across southern spain to Granada. From there I will meet my friend, Kellii in Barcelona and we will travel together to Bilboa. After she leaves, I'll continue my travels in Northeastern Spain and eventually make my way back to madrid in the end of November where I will leave to return home on November 26th. I welcome any tips from readers on sites and experiences I should not miss while in route.

It should be an amazing trip and I look forward to sharing it with you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home